Quit Letting The Outside Noise F%#! Up Your Inner Calm
- Reduce your social media consumption. And quit checking your email every 10 minutes.
- Turn off the alerts on your phone.
- Quit being a to-do list junkie.
- Tell other people no. Poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on your part. (Same goes for “poor emotional regulation”, “poor life choices”, or “poor coping mechanisms”).
- You’ve got your shit. They’ve got their shit. It’s unsanitary to cross-contaminate.
Don’t Let Boredom or Discomfort Drive You to Drama
- Get some hobbies.
- Re-learn the art of play. The joy of creativity. The peace that comes from doing things just for the hell of it.
- Real Talk: You say you hate stress and wish it’d go away, but something deep inside you feels a bit lost if it’s not the guiding force in your life. Spend some time reflecting on that nugget of wisdom.
- It’s uncomfortable when things are quiet. But you’ve got to quit running from it. Because if you don’t? You’ll find yourself running towards noise.
Be Kind To Yourself
- You’re not meant to do it all. So stop it.
- Your worth as a human being is not contingent on your output. You are enough just the way you are, and always remember that.
- When you start feeling overwhelmed, don’t let your inner critic tell you mean or hopeless things. And when it does, gently remind it that you’re doing your best.
- Be kind to others. They’re doing their best, too.
Get Your Priorities Straight
- What do you want to be about in this world? Get clear on what matters to you.
- Let your actions be in service of your values.
- Spending your day putting out small fires doesn't make you a hero.
- You make the world a better place when you honor your best, most-truest self.
- Do what matters. Not what pacifies.